Saturday 20 September 2014

Chelsea's 100wc - week 3...

Running across a bridge, bare feet and all i could hear was  rumbling sounds coming from the guards chasing after me.
I came to the end of the bridge, i jumped in the river even though it was like a mini tsunami.
All night trying to survive the crashing waves, i finally came to some land.
I was frightened, terrified, exhausted, i slowly stand up and grabbed a massive stick. At that moment i was thinking to myself if would i live or will i die……..

2 comments:

  1. HI Chelsea
    What a super piece of writing. I felt very excited reading it and love the cliff hanger at the end. You have thought hard about the right words to use - I particularly like 'trying to survive the crashing waves.' I also like the way you start that sentence - 'All night trying to ...' It may be better grammar to have put a connective at the beginning like 'After a night trying to...' but I think the panic element felt by your character comes through better in the way you have chosen to write it. One thing - keep the same tense throughout your piece. I think it would have been better to write 'I slowly stood up...' - in the past like the earlier verbs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete